LIBRARY LEARNING COMMONS
Welcome to the Shelton Intermediate School Library Media Center!
Library Media Specialist - Ron Gydus
Library Assistant - Sue Stott
Internet Survival Tips for Kids and Teens:
1. Never give any personal information to anyone you meet online.
2. Never meet up with anyone you meet online.
3. Make sure you know everyone on your buddy list.
4. Do not answer emails or IMs from people you do not know.
5. There is no such thing as "private" on the Internet - once it's out there, it's out there.
6. Do no post pictures of yourself showing behavior you would not want your mom, teacher, boss or potential college advisor to see. What kind of Digital Footprint do you want to leave?.
7. Do not send pictures of other people.
8. Do not download content without your parents' permission.
9. Never share your password with anyone but your parents.
10. Remember that as frustrating as your parents and teachers are on this subject, they are only trying to keep you safe. For more information: www.commonsense.com
Destiny Online Catalog
Research It CT-Connecticut State Library Online Database-
Student access to NoodleTools
Link to SIS Library Website
Created on 9/3/2015 - Last updated on 3/24/2016
Internet Safety/Digital Citizenship